To recap the jeepfan.com 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon is a Firecracker Red Jeep equipped with an 8 speed automatic and dual tops. For all the features visit the jeepfan.com 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon specs page. In this section all the upgrades and additions to our newest Jeep will be outlined. Each addition and upgrade will be fully documented along the way.
- Tires – 37×12.50×17 Cooper STT Pro – It almost seems that with the JL, especially the Rubicon and it’s higher flares that 37’s will be the starter size tire. Hard to believe there was a time that 33’s were considered big.
- Wheels – Mopar 17×8.5 wheels in black – These wheels from Mopar include Jeep center caps and have the “perfect” 5.2″ backspacing for a larger/wider tire. The five spoke look is clean and the all black matte finish looks classy but badass at the same time.
- Lift – To start we installed a 2.5″ Spacer Lift from Rough Country to allow the 37’s to fit. Shortly after we upgraded the spacer lift to a Mopar 2″ lift kit for some extra height and extra suspension travel.
- Rear Track Bar Bracket – A Teraflex Rear Track Bar Bracket helps recenter the axle and smooth out the bumps.
- Steering Stabilizer – A Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.1 Steering Stabilizer was added for better steering feel with large tires.
- Winch – Warn VR10-S
- Winch Mount – Warn 101255 Winch Mount. There are a few winch mount options for the JL and the Warn mount has the Warn quality we can expect.
- Tailgate Reinforcement – Mopar 82215356AB Tailgate Reinforcement Kit
- Spare Tire Carrier Modification– Mopar 82215355 Oversize Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket Kit
Warn Winch Mopar 2″ Lift
- Side Steps – N-FAB Podium Side Steps. We’ve never been a fan of side steps but the JL with 37’s gets a bit high and we could use a little help getting in and out.
- CB Radio and Antenna – President “Bill” CB with a 4′ Firestik antenna.
- Front Bumper Modification – The Warn 102355 Low Grille Guard Tube is a nice little enhancement to the factory steel Rubicon bumper.
- Sun Shade – Dirtydog Front and Rear Sun Shade to keep the sun down and keep the seats cool.
- Tailgate Table – The Mopar Tailgate Table adds a place to put stuff, like your lunch, while taking a break on the trail.
- Off Road Lights – Adding some extra lighting for the front and rear adds function and good looks to any Jeep. LED style lights are a must. The integrated aux switches on the new JL are perfect for lighting.
Steps Tailgate Reinforcement
Like many Jeeps ours evolves over time and equipment gets replaced by either stronger or more featured equipment.
JL DIY and Tech Articles