From CNNMoney: General Motors executives have long said that their Hummer line needs a new model. Soon, it will be adding a pick-up. Beyond that, the only direction left to go is smaller. And that means going head to head with the Jeep Wrangler.
GM is hoping to rival the Jeep Wrangler with the new Hummer HX. A 2 door, plastic looking SUV with full time 4WD and a 3.6L V6. I don’t think those of us here at the Jeep camp will be converting anytime soon.
* A Youthful, open-air entry-level-size HUMMER
* Designed by a trio of young designers
* Convertible body with removable roof panels and modular rear roof assembly
* Easily removable fender flares and doors
* Full-time 4WD with front and rear locking differentials
* Aeronautically inspired interior with functional, lightweight design elements
* Reconfigurable instruments for highway and off-road driving
* 3.6L SIDI V-6 E85 FlexFuel engine with six-speed automatic transmission
IMO – The futuristic looking vehicle appeals to an entirely different crowd. Bring it on…
If you want to see more see it on the HummerForums.com