September 30 through October 2nd, OK will be heading up to Hancock, NY for a family-friendly weekend of camping and casual trail riding on over 20 miles of trails located on privately owned land in beautiful upstate New York. This event will be open to 100 vehicles and will offer a variety of freshly cut trails built to challenge drivers of all skill levels. This is a great event for novice drivers with stock or lightly modified vehicles. There will be more trails for different difficulty levels ranging from stock/easy to extremely difficult.
Since the event is taking place on private property, the address will be emailed to customers one month prior to the event to help decrease the chance of land poaching. We thank you for understanding.
$125 for vehicle and driver • $10.00 for each passenger • $5.00 for children 12 and under
Limited to the first 100 vehicles to register!
- Camping is primitive and you must take out what you bring in. Portable toilets will be available
- Open only to licensed and insured street legal 4WD vehicles.
- Vehicles must have front and rear recovery points. Stock vehicles are permitted, but be aware that it may be difficult to get through some trails.
- Bring your own recovery kit, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, tools, spare parts, etc. This is not a guided trail ride. If you break you will need to have parts, tools and/or a way out. If you need to get towed there may be a charge—so come prepared!
- There must be at least 2 vehicles in a group.
- There will be multiple people on the same trail so must be courteous and pull over and let others pass if you are traveling slower than them.
- No alcohol permitted.
- Please remember that this event will be held on PRIVATE PROPERTY. Under no circumstance is anyone to trespass on this property after this event.
Friday September 30, 2011
3:00PM — Gates Open
3:00PM to 7:00PM — Setup Camp
8:00PM to 10:00PM — Night Trail Ride (Approx. 2 Hours)
Participants are welcome to arrive and start setting up camp as early as 3:00PM on Friday. There will be a nighttime trail ride starting at 8:00PM and will last approximately 2 hours. This trail ride will be fairly easy, but may be more difficult for a vehicle that is not equipped with good lighting.
Saturday October 1, 2011
8:00AM to 10:30AM — Expedition Begins (Approx. 20 Miles)
5:00PM to Everyone Must Be Off Trails. Trails Will Be Swept.
5:00PM to 7:00PM — “Garbage Can” Chicken Dinner. Free To All Participants.
7:00PM to ? — Bon Fire, Raffle Prizes, Live Music, and “Show-Off” Obstacles
Saturday’s trail ride will consist of approximately 20 miles of marked trails. There will be difficult obstacles for vehicles that are heavily modified and there will also be “go around” trails for stock or lightly modified vehicles. All vehicles must exit the trails by 5:00PM.
Sunday October 2, 2011
8:00PM to 10:30AM — Expedition Begins (Approx. 20 Miles)
4:00PM — Everyone Must Be Off Trails and Clean Up Campsite
Sunday’s trail ride will have an exit approximately half way, so if you would like to exit the trail early to clean up your campsite and head home early, you may do so. All vehicles must exit the trails by 4:00PM.
Lodging Information: http://www.hancockareachamber.com/guide.html#lodging